How Do We Help - Thanet Community Support Partnership
We run a full range of services as follows. If you are interested in using any of our services, just give us a call, we'll take your details, speak to the relevant organisation and they will contact you.
A web guide to local services
The aim of this web directory www.thanetsupport.co.uk is to allow older people and those working with them across Thanet access to easily understandable information (within three clicks!!) in order to improve health and well-being, increase independence and boosting morale. If you would like to put your details onto this web directory please feel free to complete our Tell Us About Your Organisation form.
Group Social Activities - Back to top
Would you like to get out and about, socialise and make new friends?
- Come along to YOUR TIME social activity afternoons for a coffee and a chat and to meet others. Lots to do: puzzles, arts & crafts, board games, raffles, quizzes, guest speakers, chair-based exercises & more...
- Where: Centenary Hall, Hardres Street, Ramsgate.
- When: Every Wednesday from 1.00pm-3.00pm
- Cost: £2 admission to cover refreshments.
- Transport: Door to door transport can be arranged at £5.50 for the round trip
- A variety of other group social activities are available in Margate - contact us for up to date information.
Do you find shopping on public transport difficult? Do you need a little help? Here's what we do:-
for those who cannot get out to do the shopping, this service will pick up your list, do your shopping and bring it to you.
- One-to-one service: You can have a volunteer who will regularly help you with your shopping
- Group shopping : Supermarket shopping trips available throughout Thanet - wheelchair accessible vehicle
- Charges apply
Would you like some regular company? We can provide a volunteer to pop in once a week
- You can have a friendly local volunteer visit regularly for a cup of tea and a chat - the same person will come each time and you can get to know each other
- go out for a little walk
- visit a local cafe
- Telephone befriending
Do you need some help with practical DIY tasks around the home?
We can offer a low cost local repair service for older, disabled and vulnerable households. Includes:-
- Home security
- Small practical tasks around the home (curtain poles, light bulbs, picture hanging etc)
Grass need cutting? We can help with lawnmowing, charges apply.
Are you unable to take your dog out for walk due to ill health or poor mobility?
- As part of our befriending service, your volunteer can help when they visit you
Loan of Wheelchairs and Commodes - Back to top
Do you need temporary help?
- Short or long term loaning of:
- Small weekly fee applies
- Charges apply
Information and Guidance - Back to top
Do you need to find more information about services available that will help you remain independent?
- Free service
- Home visits
- Social care information
- Benefit information
- Housing choices
- Social activities and services in your area
- Keeping safe
- Online directory available - www.thanetsupport.co.uk - a guide to local services
Do you need help to get your voice heard? Do you need support to promote your views and ideas, ensuring that your wishes are acted upon?
Help is available as follows:-
- Social care
- Considering your choices
- Knowing your rights
- Free and confidential service
- Home visit
- Help with completing forms
- Consumer disputes
- Family conflict
- All types of abuse
- Making a complaint
- Help with benefit entitlement
- Financial matters
Information, Help and Advice for Carers - Back to top
Do you look after a friend or relative who needs your help?
Some of the services offered to Carers include:-
- One-to-one emotional support
- Advocacy and advice
- Assistance with welfare benefits related to caring
- Carers' assessments
- Drop-in services
- Entitlements and rights
- Giving Carers a voice (Carers' Forum)
- Health checks for Carers
- Information on local services
- Kent Carers' Emergency Card
- Telephone, text and email support services
- Training for Carers
Do you find public transport difficult? Do you need regular help?
- Door-to-door personal service for medical appointments (charges apply)
- Door-to-door group service for social trips, tours, theatres, shopping (charges apply)
- Wheelchair vehicles available
Do you need help with some personal care?
- Toenail cutting
- All chargeable
Some of these services may be chargeable - ring us for more information - 01843 590935
Social and Creative Activities and Outings - Back to top
- Group and 1:1 social and creative activity sessions
- Community outings and events for vulnerable adults and their carers
- General light housework
- Chargeable service
Sensory Loss Support - Back to top
- Hearing impairment support
- Sight impairment support
If you are going into hospital, have just come out of hospital or are at risk of becoming isolated, we can provide free short term help with:
- Practical tasks around the home including shopping, housework, pension collection and more
- Emotional support
- Help to adapt to live an independent life