We are absolutely delighted that you are interested in volunteering with the Good Neighbours Service.
We have a variety of volunteering roles on offer as you can see from the list below.
Choose the Role for You
Most roles are entirely flexible and can work around your own life, all we ask from you is commitment once you have agreed to help. You are also not restricted to choosing only one role!
- Befriending: A regular visit scheduled between you and a client. This could involve anything from simply having a chat, to helping them get out of the house for a walk, or helping them organise their home.
- Assisted Shopping: A regular visit to take the client out to the shops or the local supermarket. This can include helping them around the shops and also to pack the things away once home. This role usually needs a volunteer who has a car and can drive the client out, but it can also be arranged with the client to join them in a taxi or help them onto public transport.
- Admin: We are always looking for volunteers to help with admin whether that be from your own home or in our office in Ramsgate. Jobs include making phone calls, answering emails, data entry, interviewing new volunteers, and answering all manner of enquiries.
- Event Organising: Help with events like lunches, fundraising, recruitment stands, and making presentations to local groups and organisations. We can give you the resources to take the lead and organise an event or you can help us run things smoothly on the day.
- Client Assessor: Make a one off visit to an elderly person who has requested our assistance to find out how we can help them and what kind of person they are. You will then write it all up to be kept on file in the office.
If you would like to volunteer for the Good Neighbours Service, please contact us on 01843 609335, or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
How Can You Get Help?