Volunteering at TCSP
Whether you have a few days or even just a couple of hours a week to spare, if you would like to help us to help others, and you are over 18, then you can register as a volunteer for one of our organisations.
All volunteers are provided with basic training, are police checked, and have their expenses paid.
If you would like to become a volunteer then contact us on 01843 609337, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop in and see us at the Kent Coast Volunteering (Kent Innovation Centre, Broadstairs, CT10 2QQ), Mon - Fri between 9am and 3pm. Or fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you.
Why become a Volunteer Befriender? What is in it for you?
- Have fun doing something you have never done before.
- Increase confidence.
- Sense of satisfaction and achievement - supporting your local community.
- Make new friends and contacts with diverse backgrounds and life and social skills.
- Increase career prospects, learn new skills.
- Obtain qualifications, free courses and on the job training
- Can help towards getting fully paid employment
- Travelling expenses paid.
How much time do I need to give up?
- As much or as little as you choose.
- Do the days or hours that fit in around your lifestyle.
What type of person does it take to be a volunteer?
- You are never too inexperienced to be a volunteer.
- You like helping people.
- You are friendly, reliable and committed.
- You are never too old but you must be over 18.
How you can help improve someone's life?
- Befriending. Just being there to have a cup of tea and a chat can make a huge difference to people’s lives.
- Assisted shopping.
- Transport to medical appointments and social activities.
- Social activities.
- Help at one of our social afternoons on Wednesdays in Ramsgate. Making tea, talking to people, meeting and greeting, helping prepare the hall for activities and encouraging and helping people to join in.
- Events and activities.
- Dog walking.
- Advocacy. Help be someone’s voice, making telephone calls, writing letters, completing forms on a vulnerable person’s behalf.
If you are interested & want to know more, then please contact us on 01843 609336, or email email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you soon.